I have been bringing my two small dogs to this dog groomer for over a year. Two women run the business, one of whom is pleasant, the other is always abrupt. I liked the haircuts and the place seemed clean so I continued to go (at least one of the women was nice). Yesterday, I dropped off the dogs for a 9:30AM appointment at 9:15AM and I was told they would be ready around 3PM, but to call first. My dogs are always there for hours to the point of it being ridiculous, but, as I said, I thought they did a pretty good job. I tried calling around 2:15 but the phone was busy for over 45 minutes. I realized she had probably taken the phone off the hook because she had told me her partner was sick with pneumonia and would be very busy that day. She DID, however, know this when I booked the appointment with her. I finally received a call at 3PM that she needed more time and could I come and pick the dogs up at 4:30. I said "sure" and told her I wouldnt be there until 5/5:15 because of something work-related I needed to do. When I arrived at 5:15 one dog was still not done. To make a long story short, she gave me the one dog and told me to leave because the other dog saw me and could hear the other dog and so was becoming fidgety. She told me to go to Dunkin Donuts and wait. I asked her if she knew how long it would be because I was expecting dinner company and I lived 25 minutes away. She proceeded to explode and yell at me. Her helper came out and then physically accosted me by stepping into my face. I couldnt even reply I was so shocked and then they told me I was scaring the dogs??? I could see my other dog through the window shaking on the table. She then told me she would only accept cash from me (and she accepted other forms of payment before of which I have proof). I told her to just give me my other dog back but wouldnt do so until I ran to an ATM. The helper then called in two rather large men from a place next door to surround and intimidate me.

My dogs had nothing to drink since 9:15 AM and by the time I left it was at least 545PM. One dog didnt move all night from the couch and now has diarrhea all over the house.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL. THESE PEOPLE ARE OBVIOUSLY ILL AND WILL USE VERBAL AND PHYSICAL INTIMIDATION. I thought I was in the twilight zone.

Had an Experience with The Elegant Paw?

Comments

I'm definitely not taking my puppy here!

Scotland Neck, North Carolina, United States #308209

I too have had horrible expriences of how long it takes for them to groom.I have an appt at 9 my dogs should be taken at 9. I have not had my dogs returned until 6 at night. My dogs are distraught for days after leaving there.

#199031

Written by one of their friends obviously.why would i take the time to write a legnthy comment if I wasnt so passionate about my experience.

I actually have encountered two other people with similar experiences.

I only say this- my comments speak for themselves.

I, however, am very happy that your dogs are well treated.Good for you.

#196350

I was shocked when I came upon these very unfavorable comment.I am sure there are two side to this story.

I have been going to these grommers for well over thirty years and believe me if I thought they were unprofessional or unkind I would certainly not travel the twenty five miles I do to get there. My TT"s are my life and I want and give nothing but the best for them. When this establishement move out of my home town, I did not think twice about following them. Like wise with many others that live in and around my town.

If one of the grommers were out sick that day I am sure it was crazy up there. Yes it does take a long time for our long hair babies to get grommed, but that is only due to the fact that they get the best.

They get walks, water and time out during gromming to release some of their stress.(This I have personally witnessed) I write this comment only because I take it personal to think that someone is accusing me of taking my babies an undesirable place.